Website Emerge LLP
Emerge LLP, a new kind of law firm, is seeking an administrative and operations staff member to join our awesome team.
We’re searching for a Legal & Operations Support (LOS), what we call a Legal Assistant at Emerge LLP, to support the lawyers at Emerge LLP. The job is similar to a Legal Assistant role in other law firms or companies, but we’ve changed up the title because “assistant” is too narrowly focused. This is more than administrative support; this person will leverage their unique skills and strengths to help with operations at Emerge LLP.
This role is flexible and is design perfectly to even accommodate post-graduate students. We will also work together to determine the number of hours you would like to work on average and create a plan specific to you and your work.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Managing all day to day functions for the lawyers by strategically planning their time and aligning priorities;
- Writing and sharing communications on behalf of the Co-Founders to many different stakeholders;
- Planning and executing Founder events, workshops, and group activities;
- Assist us in coordinating meetings, doing client in-take, and proof-reading documents;
- Managing email correspondence;
- Open matters, bill, and follow up on invoices;
- Assisting our accountant with bookkeeping.
The successful candidate will have:
- Have relevant experience in a Legal Assistant or equivalent role;
- Be able to handle highly sensitive material and information with discretion and confidentiality;
- Be hyper-organized and have meticulous attention to detail;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skill;
- You bring tremendous energy & enthusiasm to everything you do.
The candidate will have the flexibility to work remotely within Canada.
Here’s how to apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following materials and email to email@example.com. Address it to Hiring Manager:
- Cover letter
At Emerge LLP, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our people feel included and valued. We strongly encourage applications from racialized communities, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities to come to join our awesome team! We are also committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org