Website Emerge Law
Emerge Law is powered by people, creativity, and innovation with an extremely supportive culture. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a law clerk who will assist with real estate and corporate matters.
Position: Full-time Law Clerk (Real Estate & Corporate)
Location: optional in-person (in Toronto or Ottawa) or remote.
- Supporting the lawyers within the firm
- Real estate:
- Assisting residential and commerical real estate files from start to finish;
- Tasks could involve preparing requisition letters, closing documents, ongoing correspondence, reviewing surveys, and various other administrative tasks related to these files.
- General corporate maintenance, registrations, due diligence, searches, and corporate filings;
- Proofreading various documents, document preparation, and organization;
- Assisting structuring and restructuring transactions.
- Accounts payables and accounts receivables;
- Law society reporting;
- Receive and deposit of trust funds;
- Issuance of payments;
- Client ledgers;
Skills and Qualifications :
- 1+ years of experience working for a law firm and at least 1 year experience working as a law clerk;
- Law clerk diploma/paralegal license is an asset but not a requirement;
- Some background in accounting or bookkeeping;
- Basic knowledge of corporate legislation, OBCA, and CBCA;
- Familiarity with Teraview, Telus Assyst, Unity, FCT, and CosmoLex;
- Exceptional communication, multi-tasking, and organization skills;
- Attention to detail is very important and the ability to handle a large volume of files.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com